Switching between Ethernet and Dial-up Telephone Processing
Verify a phone line (not Ethernet or Cat5 cable) is properly connected to the phone jack either underneath or in the back of the terminal. The phone jack port generally has an icon of a telephone above it.
- Launch the loyalty application at the root menu screen to access the main menu where Record Sale, Balance Inquiry and Load Value functions are displayed. Press the MORE purple button and select Setup Menu.
- Select TERMINAL and when prompted, enter default Manager Password of 92266831 and press Enter. If you already changed the default Manager password, then enter the new password value here instead of 92266831.
- Select NEXT once to display PRIMARY COMM LINK. Click EDIT and observe value. The value should be set to 2 for Ethernet (IP) processing or 1 for dialup processing. Press the desired value on the keypad and select ENTER to save changes.
- Press the Red Cancel button and the Star (*) key to exit all the way back to the root menu and then re-access the loyalty application and run a test transaction to verify successful processing and receipt printing.
Adding Comma after the 9 for Dial-Up
For merchants with PBX exchanges requiring dialing a 9 before the call where entering a hyphen doesn't work as noted above, try entering a comma to create a brief pause. Follow the instructions below to add a comma:
- Press F2 and F4 simultaneously and enter default VeriFone password of 1-alpha-alpha-66831 ENTER.
- Locate the Edit Function. Depending on exact model of VeriFone, you may have to scroll down to Sys Mode Menu 2. Select Edit and enter Group 5 when prompted and press Enter to access the ConfigSys screen.
- Use the arrow keys and locate Primary Number and Secondary Number.
- When Primary Number is found, press Edit Value F3.
- Erase value using the yellow clear button.
- Type in 9 followed by the star key and the alpha key and then the phone number of 18666706775. Press Enter to save changes.
- Access Secondary Number and press Edit Value (F3). Type in 9, then star-alpha, then enter phone number 18666706775. Press Enter to save changes.
- Exit back to Sys Mode Menu 1 and press Restart to reboot the terminal. Run another test transaction over dialup.